Moments From Nature's Secrets

Sunday, August 19, 2012

Mikepércs: Young Mute Swans

I was hoping that I would be able to take good shots of some ducks today. One could count on shorebirds as well.
There is less water in the pond from day to day which made the light conditions worse. I placed myself in the hide then waited. First the black-winged stilts landed in the water:

Young Black-winged Stilt

Then further ducks splashed into the water. They were teal and garganey females. First they were feeding quite far from me but after a while they came closer and closer:

Garganey (female)

Later the brown young swans appeared. They moved in a row in front of my hide then after a few minutes they came back. One of them began to preen itsef and have a bath in front of the hide:

Young Mute Swan

Young Mute Swan

Meanwhile one of the garganeys came as close as 3-4 meters to my hide so I could only take a portrait of it:

Garganey (female)

No comments:

Post a Comment