Moments From Nature's Secrets

Friday, October 26, 2012

Mikepércs: Bullfinches at the Bathing Pool

Recently I heard their sounds very often but haven't seen them. So, this morning to my greatest surprise after having got into the hide the bullfinches appeared suddenly at the bathing pool:

Bullfinch (female)

They had some water and left.
After that a marsh tit came for some water ...:

Marsh Tit

... then the jays arrived:

Jay

Jay

Then the bullfinches returned and this time I could catch the male too:

Bullfinch (male)

Bullfinch (female)

Nowadays whenever I visit the pool a sparrow hawk appears every time. It seems it has got used to this place:

Sparrow Hawk

The jays returned many times as well as the tits:

Jay

The small group of the bullfinches reappeared a few times to have some water but I wasn't able to take other good shots on them. I hope they will come again next time too.

No comments:

Post a Comment