Moments From Nature's Secrets

Thursday, January 31, 2013

Mikepércs: Magpies and Hooded Crows Instead of Buzzards

Today I tried out my new hide made especially for buzzard photography. I've been carring meat there for several weeks now which has been eaten and of course buzzards could be seen nearby. So I got into the hide this morning with good hopes. After about one and a half hour two magpies appeared, watched the meat but didn't touch it. Shortly they flew away but soon reappeared:

Magpie

Magpie

Then two hooded crows came. They were very cautios too and were looking attentively for long:

Hooded Crow

Hooded Crow

Then they took off and I noticed a cat coming straight towards the meat. It didn't make me happy and I wasn't sure that I could bundle it off without attracting the birds' attention. Fortunately it ran away when heard me saying "shoo!", and the birds were back again shortly:

Hooded Crow

Then at last the buzzard landed a little further and it seemed to be very cautios. It was looking attentively for long then walked further. After a few minutes flew away. But came back soon. This time the hooded crows landed as well and started to harass the buzzard then they all flew away. Later the buzzard landed for the third time, but after a short break went away without eating:

Buzzard

I don't know what troubled it, I will be perhaps more lucky next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment