Moments From Nature's Secrets

Monday, April 21, 2014

Mikepércs: Black-winged Stilt

I was unable to create anything worthwhile at the pond last time, as the birds didn't come close enough, so I moved my hide on, where the water was shallow an I have a chance for shorebirds as well. Last time I saw a few shorebirds and black-winged stilts there. 
This morning two redshanks appeared near the hide then two black-winged stilts came to get some food:

Black-winged Stilt

Black-winged Stilt

Black-winged Stilt

Black-winged Stilt

Black-winged Stilt

Black-winged Stilt

Unfortunately the coots were floating far from the hide, although they were chasing each other many times. The little grebes didn't come closer either, not to mention the ducks. Later however some of the coots did approach the hide for a few minutes:

Coot

Coot

No comments:

Post a Comment