Moments From Nature's Secrets

Sunday, September 18, 2016

Mikepércs: Dwindled Activity

My last time's try at the pont was a disaster for I wasn't able to take a single expo. I saw one or two little grebes farther, but most of them having disappeared, just like the many coots, of which I didn't see a single one. That's why I moved the hide near the opposite bank where I had seen the little grebes. And today I was hoping to be more lucky.
There was some rain yesterday and seeing the fog this morning I'm hoping to take some foggy shots. There's not much light yet when two young and an adult moorhen are coming out of the reed. They don't come too close, yet I'm giving a try:

Moorhen

Young Moorhen

The adult moves farther, but the youngs don't go with it, they are picking the food out of water nearby. It takes some time for them to get closer. The Sun is shining by this time:

Young Moorhen

At last a young little grebe is swimming quickliy near the hide followed by its company who is doing a quick preening on its way:

Young Little Grebe

After some time they return swimming as close as 2-3 meters from me:

Young Little Grebe

Unfortunately there wasn' happening too much this morning, it seems that this year's water photography is coming to an end.

No comments:

Post a Comment