Moments From Nature's Secrets

Saturday, June 24, 2017

Mikepércs: A Hunting Great White Egret

My last tern photography wasn't successful. However I made some changes to the landing place, so I set off today with high hopes.
The terns usually arrive with the first lights to the pond. Today however I'm just waiting and waiting for them and yet they don't come. It's full light already when one of them appears, flies above the pond, then turns back and leaves. Damn! I suspect that I've got up in vain so early. The sun is shining for long, the best lights are gone, I'm thinking about leaving ... Then I hear some noise and observe an egret in the reed. It's just coming out:

Great White Egret

Great White Egret

It's hunting for small creatures, mainly for tadpoles:

Great White Egret

Great White Egret

Great White Egret

Great White Egret

Great White Egret

Great White Egret

It comes really close:

Great White Egret

Great White Egret

I don't know if it has observerd the motion of my lens but it flies further to go on searching for tadpoles there ...:

Great White Egret

... then it disappears in the vegetation.

At least I didn't come in vain.

No comments:

Post a Comment