Moments From Nature's Secrets

Sunday, June 7, 2020

Mikepércs: Bee-Eaters I.

In the meadow nearby there are many bee-eaters for years. They dig burrows in the sand along the dirt road. I planned to photograph them this year too.
I have my first try today using a hide made of branches. I get up at half past three, and I'm sitting in the hide after four o'clock. At around half past four I can hear the voices of the coming bee-eaters who settle soon on the landing branch, and after a while there are three of them:



The morning starts with preening:


Well, this is too small:


My mate is coming:





The partner is not really happy to get such a moth with so much powder:















They eat mostly small insects. I haven't seen a dragonfly this year in the meadow, but the bee-eaters don't seem to find any either.

No comments:

Post a Comment