Moments From Nature's Secrets

Saturday, June 23, 2012

Mikepércs: The Young Storks

I’ve been planning for a time to make some shots of the young white storks. I haven’t made any observations yet, so I didn’t know what to expect. I found a nest, where I was able to watch them from a relatively higher viewpoint without any interfering electrical cables. There were 4 youngs in this nest and they were almost the size of their parents'.
Waking up at 5, the sky was clear, let’s start! When I got there I could see only one of the youngs: 


Young White Stork

After a while one of the parents arrived:

White Stork

The greedy youngs grabbed the food almost from its throat:

White Storks

When it had finished belching the food the adult bird flew off. After the breakfast the youngs preened themselves, fluttered their wings.
After a while one of the parents reappeared, but it seemed not to bring anything this time:

White Stork

One of the youngs was jumping for food, but didn’t get anything and the adult bird flew away.
One of the youngs here is fluttering its wings:

Young White Storks

Young White Storks

Young White Storks

On my way home I noticed 2 collared doves on a wooden pillar, I thought it would worth some shots. Here's one of them:

Collared Dove

No comments:

Post a Comment