Moments From Nature's Secrets

Sunday, November 3, 2013

Mikepércs: Siskins

There's not much bird activity at the pool nowadays, so I didn't expect too much for today. And there wasn't much light because of the overcast weather. It did't happen anything for hours so I gave up waiting and got out of the hide. At that moment I could hear voices of approaching tits so I got back into the hide again. Moreover, the voices of a siskin group could be heard as well so I became even more excited. I unpacked the equipement quickly but the tits disappeared soon. However the siskins landed on all sides of the pool for my greatest pleasure. They all came to drink. And I just had to push the button:

Siskin (male)

Siskin (male)

I had placed a stone on one side of the pool for the birds might find it a good place for drinking. And the siskins did use it hustling out each other:

Siskin (male)

Siskin (male and female)

After a few minutes they left as suddenly as they came. And I was happy being able to record something again.

No comments:

Post a Comment