Moments From Nature's Secrets

Sunday, June 1, 2014

Mikepércs: Bee-eaters

I've managed today to take photos of the bee-eaters at last. Early in the afternoon, when I arrived, they were quite active and after I had got into the hide, the birds reappeared slowly, but didn't land on the branch in front of me for a long time. Then the first bird landed at last:

Bee-eater

Bee-eater

Bee-eater

Bee-eater

I managed to catch the landing moment as well a few times:

Bee-eater

Bee-eater

Bee-eater

Bee-eater

Bee-eater

Bee-eater

Bee-eater

Bee-eater

Bee-eater

Bee-eater

Bee-eater

Bee-eater

Bee-eater

I could catch a couple too, one of the birds gave a present to the other, ...:

Bee-eater

... and I hoped something would happen between them, but they turned away from each other (perhaps the present wasn't delicious enough):

Bee-eater

Bee-eater

Disposal of the stabbing insects:

Bee-eater

Bee-eater

Bee-eater

Bee-eater

Bee-eater

Meanwhile I could see hoopoes nearby, they landed on the hide and on the ground to search for food, but not on the landing branch I'm afraid. However this stonechat did it:

Stonechat (female)

No comments:

Post a Comment