Moments From Nature's Secrets

Sunday, June 15, 2014

Mikepércs: Instead Of Bee-eaters: Hoopoe

I planned a bee-eater photography for this afternoon. Unfortunately they didn't land in front of me. They used the trees nearby for perching. Instead the bee-eaters a young stonechat perched on the new landing branch:

Stonechat (female)

Then sparrows appeared in the grass hunting for insects. I hoped at least one of them would settle on the branch, but I had no luck with them either. I didn't trust in the hoopoes wich were quite active nearby, they were probing the sandy soil, many times quite close to my hide. I was about to pack and leave after such a long unsuccessful waiting when one of the hoopoes appeared suddebly on the landing branch:

Hoopoe

It made me very happy as this was the first useful photo of them. I could hardly believe it!

No comments:

Post a Comment