Moments From Nature's Secrets

Saturday, December 13, 2014

Mikepércs: Morning Hoarfrost

It's been freezing at night and everything has been covered by hoarfrost. I'm glad to see this, as it will surely have a good effect on the photos. The pool was full of ice, so I poured some water on it so that the birds could drink.
The hoary vegetation have a good effect on the first shots:

Great Tit

Blue Tit

The rising sun creates beautiful colors:

Marsh Tit

I didn't see the nuthatch yesterday, but now I can hear it again and soon it appears at the end of the pool:

Nuthatch

Nuthatch

Having plenty of light I can make a few flight shots of the tits:

Great Tit

Blue Tit

Great Tit

Great Tit

Great Tit

Then suddenly, a female sparrow hawk appears at the side of the pool, but I can only make a portrait of her:

Sparrow Hawk (female)

During the morning the male sparrow hawk has stroken two times, he was lightning fast, and once landed even, but he didn't look very nice getting the sunshine from one side and flew away after a few moments. However it's good having seen the female too, I hope she will spend more time here in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment