Moments From Nature's Secrets

Friday, February 13, 2015

Mikepércs: Action

Having a sunny day, I prepared for action photography.
The sparrows are the first to make the scene:

Tree Sparrows

Meanwhile a pheasant cock appears, it's searching for dropped seeds:

Pheasant cock

It doesn't stay long, soon leaves the place. And a woodpecker comes:

Great Spotted Woodpecker (male)

Later a male sparrow hawk strikes in and lands in front of the side window of my hide! I should turn for it, but he could spot me. In the moment he's looking elsewhere I manage to turn my camera towards him and make a portait shot:

Sparrow Hawk (male)

(I'm not satisfied with the shots taken of the whole bird.) He flies off soon.
So, the tits are back making the scene:

Great Tits

Great Tits

Great Tit

Great Tits

Great Tits

The woodpecker doesn't stay away either and starts pecking the landing branch to get the hidden seeds more easily. First time under the branch, ...:

Great Spotted Woodpecker (male)

... next time from above:

Great Spotted Woodpecker (male)

Finally I record a scratching tit:

Great Tit

No comments:

Post a Comment