Moments From Nature's Secrets

Saturday, July 11, 2015

Mikepércs: Wagtails Again

I was expecting something from the wagtails again.
When the first rays of the sun start to light up the reed in the background and the landing branch is still in shade, the wagtails are coming:



I discover a young moorhen at the side of the reed. It seems that not only the coots have brooded here successfully.
The bearded reedlings start to search for food around the hide as usually, however I'm unable to take a decent shot of them. But I can catch this sedge warbler with a tiny fly in its beak:


Then I have to look at the landing branch again:


Hissy fit:


Preening:



Meanwhile a bearded reedling is galloping in front of me after the flies:


A young lapwing comes really close, ...:


... just like this ruff:


At the end of today's photography another white wagtail lands:


Unfortunately the wagtails haven't use the landing branch so intensely this morning, perhaps because of the drying pond as the water has disappeared from nearby.

No comments:

Post a Comment