Moments From Nature's Secrets

Saturday, August 29, 2015

Fancsika Pond: Flycatchers

I planted a few plants near my small pool, mulberry among others, and I'm delighted to see them in good condition now. I hope they will make a good effect on the images.
We have had a lot of rain this week, so I've been sure a lot of water has gatherd in front of the pool, so the birds might not use the landing branch. Though I set the lying hide in the 10 cm deep water and get inside. I don't have to wait long, the birds are coming quite soon, having a look at the pool but mainly landing finally near the water around the hide. A beautiful male yellowhammer is having bath at about 1 m's distance from me, a green woodpecker as well. So, my time will come when the water will disappear from this place! Suddenly a spotted flycatcher appears on the branch, ...:

Spotted Flycatcher

... returning from time to time, once producing some kind of a seed from its pouch:

Spotted Flycatcher

Spotted Flycatcher

A hawfinch appears too, ...:
Hawfinch (female)

... but blackcaps are landing on it as well, however I'm unable to take a good shot of them.
The pied flycatcher doesn't stay away this time either, this branch seems to be the flycatchers' favourite observation spot:

Pied Flycatcher

A young great tit also lands:

Young Great Tit

Then it's the spotted flycatchers' turn again:

Spotted Flycatcher

Spotted Flycatcher
Plumage shaking:

Young Great Tit

No comments:

Post a Comment