Moments From Nature's Secrets

Sunday, August 2, 2015

Mikepércs: Bearded Reedlings

Last time I placed my hide in a corner of the pond where the remainder water still attracts a few birds. Today I tried the new place.
The birds are really active already early in the morning at the edge of the reed: sedge warblers, great reed warbler, bearded reedlings, young wagtails and bluethroats are searching for food. On the chest of the young bluethroats the blue spot is visible already. I'm focusing on the bearded reedlings which use the reeds like good gymnasts:

Bearded Reedling (male)

Bearded Reedling (female)

Bearded Reedling (male)

A few young black-winged stilts, wood- and common sandpipers appear as well for a short time.
At last someone uses the new landing place:

Young Yellow Wagtail

Bearded Reedling (male)

Young White Wagtail

Even a red-backed shrike lands with muddy feet:

Red-backed Shrike (female)

Red-backed Shrike (female)

Later I notice a pond turtle walking out on the dried branch:

European Pond Turtle

It's having a short rest before it splashes back into the cool water.
Then a long pause comes, so I decide to leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment