Moments From Nature's Secrets

Sunday, February 12, 2017

Mikepércs: Siskin

I expected a sunny day today and I prepared for actions, instead I got a steamy, foggy morning.
The birds are very active at the hide, beside the tits a few siskins are also feeding from the sunflower seeds. Well then, I have a chance to catch them when they return. Only tits are coming for long, but now I don't pay much attention on them. A jay is landing too, but it doesn't stay long. Soon a sparrow-hawk strikes in as quick as thought, the small birds are spreading with alarm. I haven't see this time either if it has caught something or not as it flies away at once after the attack. The birds are soon calming down and return. Soon I can hear the sounds of siskins. First a sparrow then a siskin appears. It doesn't stay long but later others are landing too. One of them selects my landing branch to have a short rest:

 Siskin (female)

Siskin (female)

Later a few scenes are on the way among the tits:

Great Tit And Blue Tit


No comments:

Post a Comment