Moments From Nature's Secrets

Sunday, April 9, 2017

Mikepércs: Golden Morning

When I got to the pond at dawn I'm glad that my hide is not swept by the wind this time :)
I don't have to wait long for the birds, there are more and more garganeys, shovelers and little grebes around my hide. The problem is that there's not enough light. And before daybreak the coots drive away all the birds nearby. This male doesn't seem to bother himself about it, he sleeps the sleep of the just:

Garganey (male)

After 6 o'clock the sun gilds the background beautifully:

Garganey (male)

Garganey (male)

Garganey (male)

Coot

Garganey (female)

A coot is coming:

Coot

Coot

It has the groaning boards under the water, it only needs to take the plunge for some food:

Coot

Coot

Coot

Coot

Coot

After some time, suddenly a panic takes place on the pond, the ducks are flying away, the coots and the little grebes are speeding in the reed. It must have appeared a man - I think, but when I look out in the side window then I notice a white tailed big bird above the next pond! It's a  white-tailed eagle! The birds don't come back for a long time, the lights are getting sharp so I don't wait any longer and leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment