Moments From Nature's Secrets

Sunday, September 24, 2017

Mikepércs: Young Grey Wagtail

At last, it's foggy when I set off at dawn today. It's not heavy, but the morning could be interesting.
At the pond I see that a big part of the previously drying pondbed is under water again thanks to the recent rains. I move the hide further as I don't want to miss the water rails.
The morning is lightless for a long time so the first shots of the rails searching nearby are unsuccessful, they are all blurred. Now and then a young moorhen appears too, but I can't take decent shots of it either.
The young wagtails are roaming the whole area and I manage to catch one of them:

Young White Wagtail

Among the wagtails I catch sight of an unusually coloured one! It's something new: a grey wagtail!

Young Grey Wagtail

It's moving continously, so it's not easy to photograph it, although it returns several times:

Young Grey Wagtail

Young White Wagtail

Stretching:

Young White Wagtail

Later a green sandpiper appears, unfortunately it doesn't come close enough, so I have the young wagtails only for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment