Moments From Nature's Secrets

Monday, July 9, 2018

Mikepércs: The Young Red-Necked Grebe Turns Up

It was quite a strong wind yesterday, so I'm a little surprised having found my hide on its place.
The birds don't come close for a while, but there are a few young little grebes of many generations. From time to time they come close:

Young Little Grebe

Young whiskered terns are crying for food waiting their parents to come:

Young Whiskered Tern

Suddenly I notice a young red-necked grebe close to the opposite bank, it starts preening then comes towards me:

Young Red-Necked Grebe

Unfortunately the wind begins to blow and the waves don't do any good to the photos.
A little grebe is catching its preys in the middle of the pond, as I see, it swallows the big bites, and with the small ones it's starting up towards the reed near the bank, I think it brings them to the little youngs.
I try to photograph the young little grebes that pop up nearby through the side window, the problem is that when I fixed the hide here I forgot about the plants in front of the window, so I have little chance now.

When I leave I'm happy to see the terns on their nests, hopefully I will see the little ones too.

No comments:

Post a Comment