Moments From Nature's Secrets

Sunday, June 2, 2019

Mikepércs: Still Waiting For The Hatchlings ...

I expected that the eggs have been hatched by now in one of the stilts' nests. However they are still sitting on the eggs, it seems that they need a few more days.
Two black-headed gulls arrive early in the morning, they do some preening then fly away to return after a few minutes:

Black-headed Gull

Black-headed Gull

Black-headed Gull

Black-headed Gull

Black-headed Gull

A water rail appears near the bank, it's quite far from me. Suddenly it starts to speed towards me. I try to turn the camera but it takes notice of it and disappears in the thick vegetation without being photographed.
Soon a spotted redshank lands, it's close:

Spotted Redshank

But it moves on, the "stovepipe" in the hide is suspicious:

Spotted Redshank

Spotted Redshank

There's not a big activity this time either, but before I leave I take a few shots of the stilt sitting on the nest nearby:

Black-winged Stilt

Black-winged Stilt

Black-winged Stilt

No comments:

Post a Comment