Moments From Nature's Secrets

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Mikepércs: Coots And Their Hatchlings

I started to the pond with big hopes, I was wondering if I would be able to make good shots of the coot family. I had to wait long in the hide for the coots' appearence in the distance. First the parents came out of the reed, then the hatchlings. Later they started to come closer and closer:

Coots

This hatchling just asks for food:

Coots

The hatchlings were picking insects themselves, but their parents feeded them too attentively. Many times they fetched some delicious bits from under the water:

Coots

Coots

Coots

After some time the coot family took their way towards the reed in the opposite side of the pond. And having nothing else nearby, I took my way home.

No comments:

Post a Comment