Moments From Nature's Secrets

Sunday, June 9, 2013

Mikepércs: Viennese Banded Snail

Today I got up early again and took my way to the meadow near the village. Getting out of the village I noticed that the meadow was covered by a fog vail which disappeared soon because of the raising sun:


Taking advantage of the beautiful dawn lights I recorded a white campion at backlight:

White Campion

Then I took my way to the bee-eaters' territory, as I wanted to know if they were using the branch which I had put for them to settle on. As I presumed, they were using it frequently when I'm not there.
Then I noticed a small snail at a bank trailing up on a dried stem:

Viennese Banded Snail

When I moved it a little further for making a more interesting photo it drew back into it's shell, but after leaving it in peace it got out again soon ...:

Viennese Banded Snail

... to continue it's way:

Viennese Banded Snail

Viennese Banded Snail

Viennese Banded Snail

Viennese Banded Snail

Then I tried to scout for hares, but I didn't manage to get close to them, and the tall grass helped them in hiding.
On my way home I took a shot of this big yellow flower:

Salsify

No comments:

Post a Comment