Moments From Nature's Secrets

Sunday, March 9, 2014

Mikepércs: Long-tailed Tit

I discovered long-tailed tits recently flying around the hide, especially in a bush, where they were searching something. Last time I saw them with feathers in their tiny beaks, there were pheasant feathers. They were obviously gathering material for their nest. Let's try to lure them to the hide with feathers! I gathered some feathers this morning and placed them in front of the hide, before I got in. Of course, they kept on searching in that bush and didn't come close. The tits and the jays on the other hand were attracted by the water:

Great Tit

Great Tit

Jay

Jay

Suddenly I discovered a long-tailed tit on top of a small blackthorn bush:

Long-tailed Tit

It seemed if it had a look at the feathers which didn't prove to be appropriate, because after a few seconds it flew away. It didn't landed on the best place, but I was very happy with it as it's a long time since I last photographed a long-tailed tit. One of them perhaps will come close next time too...

No comments:

Post a Comment