Moments From Nature's Secrets

Thursday, May 29, 2014

Mikepércs: Ducks

Considering the increased tern activity last time at the pond, I counted on them today too. Instead there were few of them. The couple of little grebes floated again near my hide, but being too early I had no light for photography yet. The few black-winged stilts appeared regularly.
The ducks on the other hand came to the shore to have a rest one after the other: mallards, gadwalls, ferroginuous ducks, pochards:

Mallard (male)

Mallard (male)

Mallard (male)

Mallard (male)

Suddenly a scuacco heron landed on top of the bush nearby. It stayed there for a few minutes then left.
Unfortunately because of the waving water I couldn't get that kind of images I would have liked to get if there was no wind. 

Gadwall (female)

Mallard (male)

Pochard (male)

Pochard (male)

Ferruginous Duck (male)

Pochard (male)

Pochard (male)

Later a few garganeys appeared as well then a teal a little further.
But looking at the image quality I couldn't hope much for today, so I decided to leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment