Moments From Nature's Secrets

Sunday, May 25, 2014

Mikepércs: Stonechat Again

A week ago I noticed a small hawthorn bush that was frequently used be the stonechats for landing and I placed my hide close to it a few days ago. I wanted to visit the place this morning to see what's happning there.
However when I got up at dawn a light rain began to fall. This was not planned :( Fortunately it stopped soon. This time I managed to get to the hide before sunrise, but the male stonechat was already sitting on a tree nearby. I'm sure, it's going to watch me getting into the hide and won't come here today - I thought. However after a short time it came closer and all of a sudden I saw it on top of the bush in front of me:

Stonechat (male)

I took a few shots of it, this time in silent mode in live view so that I make less noise:

Stonechat (male)

Stonechat (male)

After a few seconds it flew away and didn't come back again, except when it settled on top of my hide. I couldn't stay long this time either. But I got it at least.

No comments:

Post a Comment