Moments From Nature's Secrets

Sunday, May 18, 2014

Mikepércs: Waiting For Stonechats

Many stonechats can be seen near the village, and as I don't have nice shots of them yet, I decided to change this situation. About a week ago I found a quiet place where I could photograph them. I placed a
simple hide there and observed them using the landing branch in front of the hide. There were also red-backed shrikes and tree sparrows nearby. This morning I got into my new place with a lot of curiousity. 
Soon a few young tree sparrows landed in front of the hide:

Young Tree Sparrow

Young Tree Sparrows

Young Tree Sparrows

Young Tree Sparrows

They didn't stay long, but in a short time the shrikes appeared nearby, the female landed on the branch:

Red-backed Shrike (female)

Red-backed Shrike (female)

Later the stonechats appeared but they didn't come close, they used frequently a small bush about 150 feet from the hide. So I decided to settle near that bush next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment