Moments From Nature's Secrets

Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Mikepércs: Descending Bird Activity

I got into the hide curiously again at dawn, hoping that the bird activity would continue in front of me.
However I'm waiting for the avocets in vain, they don't seem to come. In turn a fox appears in front of the opposite reedwall! There's not enough light for photography yet, and it disappears soon in the reed. Later a flock of ruffs are arriving, and it takes a while before a male comes close enough:

Ruff

Some males are courting already, unfortunately far from me. Soon a common sandpiper appears and passes quite close to the hide:

Common Sandpiper

Then a few stilts are walking in as well:

Black-winged Stilt

Black-winged Stilt

A marsh sandpiper appears at the puddle nearby as well:

Marsh Sandpiper

Then the fox reappears, it's coming back on the same route. I take two expos when it turns to me, ...:

Red Fox

... and in the next moment it's disappeared in the reed. (It has good ears as it hasn't been close.) It seems to have had a bath too, as it was really wet.

So much for today, but before I leave I move my hide to the place where the ruffs have been active this morning hoping they will be there next time too.

No comments:

Post a Comment