Moments From Nature's Secrets

Saturday, May 12, 2018

Mikepércs: Ferruginous Ducks

The vegetation is growing faster and faster in front of the hide, so at dawn I spent at least half an hour with weeding so that I could have some chance this morning.
However nothing comes for long, then two whiskered terns appear and fly above the pond for a while before one of them lands on the trunk. After taking a short breather it flies away. The photo taken of it is not the best.
After a few minutes three ferruginous ducks appear, so I have to decide quickly which one to focus on. I choose this one:

Ferruginous Duck (male)

Ferruginous Duck (male)

Then one of the terns lands again but leaves soon.
I catch sight of the red-necked grebe this morning again, but it doesn't come close this time.
Then ferruginous ducks appear again:

Ferruginous Duck (male)

Ferruginous Duck (male)

Ferruginous Duck (male)

Ferruginous Duck (male)

Ferruginous Duck (male)

Ferruginous Duck (male)

Ferruginous Duck (male)

The lights are getting stronger quickly when the greylag geese pair arrives cackling loudly, and I watch surprised their landing nearby. Unfortunately I'm unable to focus on them missing the landing moment. Never mind, there would be too much shades on them anyway. They are looking round then moving towards the vegetation behind my hide and disappearing there.

No comments:

Post a Comment