Moments From Nature's Secrets

Tuesday, May 8, 2018

Mikepércs: May Shower

I expect sunshine for today morning. However when I set off I discover some dark clouds in the sky.
Arriving at the hide I observe that the vegetation has grown a lot in a week in front of the hide so I start with weeding. When I get in it begins thundering then raining too. Fortunately the wind blows from behind so the rain doesn't hit the glass, at least for a while. The lights are nice, I start to photograph the coots, but they are far a bit, then the two whiskered terns that fly above the pond. However with not much success as the rain is so heavy by this time as the glass is full of drops.
A beautiful rainbow appears in front of me, but I haven't brought my wide lens again :(
When the rain subsides, I wipe the glass.
Soon a ferruginous duck is swimming really close, when such big raindrops are start to fall again, that they are like miniature bombs:

Ferruginous Duck (male)

Ferruginous Duck (male)

With the rain giving over the red-necked grebe appears, but I can't take a decent shot because of the vegetation. After that nothing happens for long.
In the end a coot tears along a little farther:

Coot

No comments:

Post a Comment