Moments From Nature's Secrets

Monday, June 11, 2018

Mikepércs: Instead Of Backlight ... Dimness

I prepare for backlight photography again. However at start I notice that it's dark, too dark. That means, that it's overcast.
In the first and the second hours in the hide I'm just having a rest, there's too little light.
Little grebes appear nearby having a tiff with each other, but I'm unable to catch them well.
Meanwhile a whiskered tern lands on a water plant nearby:

Whiskered Tern

After a few minutes a little grebe starts to call:

Little Grebe

It keeps on warbling unceasingly as it doesn't receive any answer.
Then the rain begins but there are just raindrops.
The little grebes start to quarrel again, this time there are more than two, and they are farther now.

A whiskered tern is landing in front of me, it's preening and sometimes shaking its plumage:

Whiskered Tern

A coot chick arrives noticing something edible on a plant nearby:

Coot chick

The little grebes start another fight with each other, I don't know what's up with them today.

No comments:

Post a Comment