Moments From Nature's Secrets

Sunday, June 3, 2018

Mikepércs: Frogs

Last time I set the hide for backlight photography and today I'm planning to do that. And I don't have to bother about weeding as there's no vegetation on this place.
It's getting light when I discover the coot chickens at the reed near the shore. They are not too little any more!
An extremly loud frog croak begins, a few edible frogs appear in front of the hide, I try to photograph these ones while they are pumping up their vocal sacs while croaking. Sometimes their performance is earsplitting.
Then the rising sun starts to conjure: the little haze above the water appear in beautiful orange colour:

Edible Frog

From time to time the coots are chasing each other:

Coot

The little grebes appear too, but I'm unable to photograph them well, one of them is taking a long bath near the shore, however it's too far.
Ferruginous ducks also appear, but nothing comes close, so I have to do with the frogs:

Edible Frog

Edible Frog

Edible Frog

After finishing photography I take the hide farther in the hope that I will have more luck on the new place.

No comments:

Post a Comment