Moments From Nature's Secrets

Saturday, May 23, 2020

Mikepércs: Oriole Again

Second try at the drinking pool. It's a sunny morning. The first bird is a hawfinch however it lands in a wrong place. After that nothing for a long time, then suddenly I can hear an oriole's voice nearby. The bird is landing on a visible branch. I try to move slowly my lens but in the next moment it's sitting on the pool! I have counted on at least on this very species here. By a strong backlight I could make it this way:

Golden Oriole (female)

After a few sips it flies off.
Then a chiffchaff comes. I'm less successful with it. Later a spotted flycatcher lands for a bath:

Spotted Flycatcher

I don't manage to take a decent photo of the blackcap that cames after that.
It's not a huge activity but it's promising that more and more species appear.

No comments:

Post a Comment