Moments From Nature's Secrets

Saturday, May 16, 2020

Mikepércs: Starlings I.

A few days ago when I was walking in the forest I heard some soft chirp coming from somewhere deep. I looked round and discovered the source of the sound: a hole in a tree. So, that's my new project, I thought, I only have to find out what kind of bird's nestlings are there. Looking the place from farther I caught sight of the parents: they are starlings. On the next days I made a temporary hide and placed a landing branch in front of the hole. Today at dawn I'm waiting excitedly the upcoming events.
It has just lightened when the parents are coming, the female and the male take turns at feeding the nestlings:

Starling

Starling

Starling

Starling (male)

The parents often have to do some cleaning inside the hole as the youngs are not "house-trained" yet:

Starling

Starling (male)

Starling

Starling (male)

Starling (female)

Starling (female)

Starling (female)

There are many millers around so the parents carry a lot of them:

Starling

Starling (male)

No comments:

Post a Comment