Moments From Nature's Secrets

Sunday, July 15, 2012

Photography at the Tisza-Lake - days 1-2: Rainbow

I planned a 3 days long photography on the Tisza-Lake from a hired boat. I set up my tent in the boat so I could sleep there, and intended to take shots from a hide set up in the boat and protected against the blood-suckers by a mosquito-net. I set out in the afternoon to a place which I thought could be right for the purpose. When I got closer I found that the area was completely covered with water plants so I stopped where I saw some birds moving around. As soon as I had finished setting up my tent in the boat a shower began. Fortunately it stopped in a short time and a beautiful rainbow appeared on the sky:


Then I set up my hide and went to sleep. At dawn I peered out curiously if there was something interesting outside. In the distance grebes and moorhens were picking their food. But nothing came closer to the boat for a long time so I decided to find a better place. I found one where ducks were resting and harriers flying above so I stayed there. The ducks kept on moving and the harriers flying and uttering their high voice. As the flying birds were concerned the hide restricted me from taking photos of them, so I got out of it but didn’t manage to get a decent shot of them that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment