Moments From Nature's Secrets

Monday, April 1, 2013

Mikepércs: Birds start coming

After yesterday's experience I didn't have too high expectations for today, as yesterday the birds kept themselves off from my hide.
Wheather forecast predicted some sunshine for today, but it was overcast in the morning. However the birds were active around the bathing pool. The tits were the most numerous, they keep coming to the feeder:

Great Tit

Great Tit

Marsh Tit

Great Tit

At times the jays landed to have some sunflower seed. At this time it started snowing:

Jay

Jay

After a while the snow changed to rain but it didn't take long. Anyway, it's the 1st of April. The robins kept on moving around the pool, but they went for insects on the ground mainly. On one occasion however one of them looked round from the side of the pool:

Robin

The tits kept on starring:

Great Tit

Blue Tit

Marsh Tit

Blue Tit

My little garden:

Jay

Great Tit

Blue Tit

Blue Tit

Blue Tit

For my greatest pleasure a redstart and a dunnock had found some food around the pool, but the chaffinches appeared as well and were picking the seeds from the ground. One of them dared to land on the side of the pool:

Chaffinch (male)

Yesterday I noticed a redstart on a distant bush, today however it came quite close. I was very happy about it:

Redstart

Blue Tit

I've never seen such a puffed blue tit before like this. It stayed in this pose for about 2 minutes on the side of the pool:

Blue Tit

Blue Tit

Telling the truth, I didn't hope to take shots of so many birds today, but I'm expecting the warblers, the finches, the thrushes which are common nearby, not to mention the goldcrests, the long-tailed tits and the woodpeckers.

No comments:

Post a Comment