Moments From Nature's Secrets

Sunday, April 28, 2013

Mikepércs: Harriers and Whinchats

Today I gave again a try with the bluethroat and the whinchats which I discovered yesterday.
The marsh harriers have been very active from early morning, sometimes they swooped down into the reed, like this female did:

Marsh Harrier (female)

Then for my greatest pleasure the wihnchats appeared again settling mostly on the top of the bushes and peeking insects with interest from there.

Whinchat (male)

Whinchat (female)

Whinchat (male)

They spent a few minutes there catching insects then got away.
The harriers kept on flying:

Marsh Harrier (male)

Once the bluethroat settled on the top of the bush in front of my hide, but the light conditions became poor by that time, so I was unable to take a good shot of it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment