Moments From Nature's Secrets

Saturday, April 27, 2013

Mikepércs: Instead of Bluethroat ...

Today I ran forthe bluethroat which I observed last weekend. I chose an elder bush where the bird sang recently and setup the hide near it. As soon as I got into the hide, a marsh harrier flew across in front of the hide. Unfortunately my equipment wasn't at hand yet, so I missed it. Then a pair of swans appeared and I managed to get one of them:

Mute Swan

Many great reed warblers were singing nearby, one of them settled on the elder bush in front of me ...:

Great Reed Warbler

... and started its croaky song:

Great Reed Warbler

The bluethroat used frequently a bush which was a bit further, so I decided to try there tomorrow. My decision was reinforced when I noticed a few whinchats that were moving close to that place. I had to wait long for the bluethroat to settle once in front of me. But it chose a wrong place according to my point of view, so I wasn't able to take a good shot of it. Never mind! Next time ...

No comments:

Post a Comment