Moments From Nature's Secrets

Thursday, May 9, 2013

Mikepércs: Black Winged Stilts, Sandpipers

Today I visited the pond again. The wood sandpipers appeared first, one of them had a rest a bit farther from the hide:

Wood Sandpiper

Then two black winged stilts came, they were looking for food in the shallow water:

Black-winged Stilt

Black-winged Stilt

Black-winged Stilt

Black-winged Stilt

Black-winged Stilt

Black-winged Stilt

Black-winged Stilt

Black-winged Stilt

Black-winged Stilt

Black-winged Stilt

Black-winged Stilt

The stilts didn't stay long and the wood sandpipers reappeared from time to time:

Wood Sandpiper

Wood Sandpiper

Wood Sandpiper

Then came a redshank. It looked nice among the little flowers:

Redshank

Redshank

Redshank

Redshank

Redshank

Wood Sandpiper

Wood Sandpiper
 
Wood Sandpiper

The marsh harriers were flying continously above me, still gathering material for their nest. I hoped that the yellow wagtails would be moving nearby, but I could only see once one of them. I saw a purple heron hunting in the reed, unfortunately it was a bit far. Never mind, next time I will be closer, as I decided to move my hide a bit further, where there was more clear water.

No comments:

Post a Comment