Moments From Nature's Secrets

Saturday, May 25, 2013

Mikepércs: Egrets In The Rain

Despite of the cloudy weather I decided to visit the pond after all. First a few black-headed gulls landed on the water but they didn't stay long. Then two black-winged stilts arrived:

Black-winged Stilt

Black-winged Stilt

Then the egrets appeared:

Great White Egret

Great White Egret

Meanwhile it got more and more overcast and sometimes started to rain:

Great White Egret

Great White Egret

The egrets didn't do so intense hunting as they did last time, they spent more time with preening themselves:
Great White Egret

Great White Egret

Great White Egret

Great White Egret

The rain got stronger and stronger, and it came from the front of me, so my window slowly was completely covered with raindrops. Then a couple of mallards appeared and came very close to my hide but making photos was no longer possible in these circumstances. However I was glad to see them getting accustomed to the hide.
But it was no reason to stay there in this cloudy and rainy weather so, as soon as the rain ceased and there were no birds nearby I went home.


No comments:

Post a Comment