Moments From Nature's Secrets

Sunday, May 5, 2013

Mikepércs: First Time In The New Hide

It was today that I first tried out my new hide at the pond. It's much more comfortable than the old one was, but it's only a little bit more spacious. I would have liked best ducks to take photos of. There were garganeys, ferruginous ducks and mallards but they didn't come close. The first bird which dared to come closer was this coot:

Coot

Coot

Sometimes a few whiskered terns appeared in the air, but they were hunting a little farther:

Whiskered Tern

Then appeared a few ruffs and wood sandpipers which were looking for food in the shallow water in front of the hide:

Ruff

Wood Sandpiper

Wood Sandpiper

Wood Sandpiper

I had a good view on a part of the dried pondbed as well. This also attracted such birds as lapwings and yellow wagtails, which were hunting there for insects:

Yellow Wagtail (male)

Yellow Wagtail (male)

Yellow Wagtail (male)

Meanwhile the marsh harriers were flying to-and-fro in the air, as far as I could see, they were gathering materials for their nest, as they landed always in the same place in the reed, bringing there twings and other vegetable matters. Moreover, one of them once landed even near my hide to take some twigs. Unfortunately I wasn't able to take a good shot of it becouse of the vegetation.

No comments:

Post a Comment