Moments From Nature's Secrets

Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Mikepércs: Whinchats Again

Today I went for the whinchats again at the same place as I was last weekend. After 5:30 I was already in the hide and waited. The harriers didn't come close enough and I didn't expect to take a decent shot of the bluethroat as it always settles on the very top branches of the bushes and sings there. On both occasions I came here, the whinchats appeared around 7 o'clock, and today was no exeption. Today however I saw only one female, but suddenly it appeared on the twig that I had placed especially for her:

Whinchat

Moreover it spent some time there, so I was able to take many photos of it:

Whinchat

Whinchat

Whinchat

Whinchat

Then it disappeared as suddenly as it came. I didn't see it anymore.
On the elder bushes at the side of the reed periodically appeared various reed songbirds: marsh warblers, sedge warblers and great reed warblers. Once this marsh warbler settled on a branch near the hide, so I could record it too:

Marsh Warbler

No comments:

Post a Comment