Moments From Nature's Secrets

Saturday, July 27, 2013

Mikepércs: At The Pond Again

After some break today I visited the pond again. I was curious about what kind of result the new place would bring me. The water level kept on decreasing which made my chances worse. 
First the never missing black-winged stilts and the coots appeared:

Young Coot

Then came the gulls. Last time I observed a little gull which was now fluttering above the residual water and even landed on a distant reef.
A common sandpiper appeared as well searching some food among the marsh vegetation: 

Common Sandpiper

Then two wood sandpipers were romping a little nearby:

Wood Sandpipers

Wood Sandpiper

Wood Sandpiper

One of them came close enough for a portrait:

Wood Sandpiper

I didn't manage to make too many reasonable shots today, that's why I decided to pull the hide close to the reed at the opposite shore so that I could catch the moorhens and the young coots which were romping there.

No comments:

Post a Comment