Moments From Nature's Secrets

Sunday, July 28, 2013

Mikepércs: On The Meadow

Nowadays I saw many times a pipit on top of mulleins in the meadow. As the shrike scenes are over now, I thought I should try to catch the pipit. I had to move my hide only about 20-30 meters in the meadow. 
The tryout time has come today. In front of me a still blooming mullein and a branch covered with lichen. Soon after I had got into the hide a stonechat family appeared around the hide. They stayed nearby for quite a long time, but none of them landed in front of me. After that sparrows crowded on top of the hide. They left then reappeared loudly many times. Suddenly something landed on top of the mullein: a shrike. Anyway, I wanted to record this bird for long on top of a mullein, now I succeeded:

Red-backed Shrike (female)

Red-backed Shrike (female)

Soon after the shrike had gone bee-eaters appeared with their specific fluty voice. While alighting several times on the landing branch, I tried to catch them:

Bee-eater

Bee-eater

Bee-eater

They were flying nearby long. The lights however were getting too strong, the pipit being nowhere, so I left the place.

No comments:

Post a Comment