Moments From Nature's Secrets

Saturday, July 13, 2013

Mikepércs: Magpies

Today a visited the pond again. I wondered if there would be a lot of birds again as there were last time.
When I got there many birds were feeding or just having a rest on the pond. The usual coots, black-winged stilts, black-headed gulls, sandpipers and ducks.
I managed to catch this stilt by good lights:

Black-winged Stilt

Then a magpie landed close to my hide followed by another one soon. It turned out what attracted them here, a corpse of a bird:

Magpie

The magpies tasted it, sometimes flew away to return soon. Being near the corpse they hardly tolerated each other:

Magpie

Magpie

Unfortunately the light conditions were not good so I wasn't able to make good shots of them.
Meanwhile a common sandpiper got close to my hide as well:

Common Sandpiper

This time however most of the birds didn't come close. I decided to move the hide a little further where the birds were more active and perhaps the surroundings are better too. Next time I'll have a try there.

No comments:

Post a Comment