Moments From Nature's Secrets

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Tisza-lake: Day 1

For the next 3 days I planned a photography trip at the Tisza-lake similar to that one I did last year. I intended to go to the place where I took shots of the squacco herons last time.
After borrowing the boat and packing in I started rowing. If it was easier last time. To be honest, I faced with some headwind. As I was leaving slowly the offshore vegetation the wind became stronger and stronger until I noticed that my boat was moving backward and not forward. I had to face with the situation that I won't get to the destination this way. Ok, then I would borrow a boat engine, even I'm against the motor traffic on the Tisza-lake. So, I rowed back to the dock and asked for an engine. The answer was: No problem, it's 6000 Forints/day. A quick calculation, for 3 days it's 18000. No, I won't give so much for it. Anyway I didn't have so much money with me. Good, let's go back then, I will stay near the harbour, as there are many flying birds nearby, I will make flight shots. There was not much time left from the day as I started in the afternoon, so I didn't managed to make many pictures. The whiskered terns were nearly standing in the air in that wind, so it wasn't difficult to photograph them:

Young Whiskered Tern

I the evening dark clouds were covering the sky:


Fortunately I escaped the rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment