Moments From Nature's Secrets

Sunday, June 28, 2015

Mikepércs: Coot Rigour And Parent's Care

Another try with the coots and their hatchlings.
The turtle heads appear first in front of my hide again, then the bearded reedlings arrive and they are picking something out from the water while holding the reeds. However I can't take good images of them among the thick vegetation.
Soon the coots appear feeding their chicks. They are approaching. Then an interesting scene is taking place: while an adult is feeding one of its chicks another hatchling is coming and asking for food. The parent bird however is turning upon it ...:

Coot

... and bundles it off. Perhaps it's not her hatchling? I don't know.
But it's feeding attentively the other one:

Coot

Coot

The chicks are feeding themselves as well:

Coot

It's not a real beauty:

Coot

Coot

Coot

The adult bundles off the hatchling again:

Coot

Coot

After the brutal scene the poor chick had to scuttle off and I hope it doesn't remain starve.
The feeding is taking place near my hide again:

Coot

The chick asks for food in this way:

Coot

Coot

Coot

Suddenly I notice a pond turtle resting on the branch placed nearby:

Pond Turtle

Another one is coming as well:

Pond Turtle

Pond Turtle

After having made itself comfortable it's yawning ...:

Pond Turtle

... then it starts to climb on the back of the smaller turtle ...:

Pond Turtle

... and really pushing it into the water:

Pond Turtle

Now it's enjoying the comfort:

Pond Turtle

Then another turtle is climbing the branch but a little farther so that they don't disturb each other.
The coot parent has found something delicious again:

Coot

Coot

Coot

The winglets are working:

Coot

The sun is climbing quickly on the clear sky and I decide to leave. It's only when I'm getting out of the hide that I observe this roe deer buck strolling about nearby. It's funny what a bad vision these animals have, as it can see my head clearly but it's not frightened. Then I produce my camera out the bag after all, maybe I can catch it, and even my motions are not disturbing it:

Roe Deer

Moreover it's coming even closer:

Roe Deer

Then it turnes back ...:

Roe Deer

Roe Deer

Roe Deer

... and when a doe roe deer is rushing through the area the buck disappears soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment