Moments From Nature's Secrets

Saturday, June 6, 2015

Mikepércs: Lapwings

The other day I went to have a look at the black-winged stilts' nest and to see if they were still brooding. I could only see the remains of the nest, something must have spoiled it.
As there's no nest any more near the hide I go for a photography again. Nothing happens for a long time, not even the ducks are willing to come. After some time a stilt is walking nearby then a few mallards are landing on the water before they walk to the shore:

Mallard (female)

Soon a moorhen starts chasing another, but I miss them, they are so quick. One of them even comes very close, yet I'm unable to take a decent shot of it.
Later a few lapwings are landing:

Lapwing

One of them starts preening nearby:

Lapwing

Lapwing

Lapwing

Lapwing

Lapwing

Lapwing

Lapwing

Lapwing

Lapwing

More and more lapwings are coming, there are about 50 of them! I don't have to wait long for a few good shots:

Lapwing

Lapwing

Lapwing


Lapwing

Lapwing

Lapwing

It's coming closer then the tail-wind makes it a nice hairstyle:

Lapwing

Lapwing

Lapwing

After some time the sunshine is so strong that I see no point in staying, so I leave the hide with satisfaction as I haven't taken so good shots of this beautiful bird yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment