Moments From Nature's Secrets

Thursday, December 26, 2013

Mikepércs: Great Spotted Woodpecker

The morning was sunny today. It would be nice, if I could catch the siskins which usually land on the side of the pool once or twice when I'm there. They would pick some seeds or taste the water on the melting ice.
When I got there, there was not much bird activity. Then the tits, the tree sparrows appeared, followed by the jays. I managed to get the woodpeckers use a visible branch to crack the seeds, as they had used a more distant one, which I couldn't see well from the hide:

Great Spotted Woodpecker

Great Spotted Woodpecker

Great Spotted Woodpecker

Great Spotted Woodpecker

The tree sparrows were active again:

Eurasian Tree Sparrow

Eurasian Tree Sparrow

Eurasian Tree Sparrow

As the weather was getting warmer, the sparrows started to land on the side of the pool to have some water, sometimes very close to me:

Eurasian Tree Sparrow

A siskin landed as well but I couldn't take a good shotof it as it had spent little time there. However I noticed greenfinches as well picking seeds from the ground. I'm sure they will get in front of me some time or other...

No comments:

Post a Comment